|“||Cyrus was right about one thing: It's all out there, all we gotta do is figure out a way to go steal it||„|
|~ Cochise on Cyrus' dream|
Cochise has a more tribal style to his Warriors outfit, wearing a long darker red bandana with a unique gold design around his head with a somewhat large Afro. Cochise also wears multiple necklaces, along with two armbands, and two feather earrings. He wears red-colored pants, and big brown boots.
In the movie, Cochise is somewhat of a mediator between other members. He shows that he can be serious yet also have a joking manner about him which is shown when all the members mess around on the subway train in the opening scenes. He is impulsive when it comes women, which is displayed in the scene where he, Vermin, and Rembrandt follow the Lizzies back to their apartment. However, in the video game, Cochise is more of an aggressor, showing this in Sharp Dressed Man.
In The FilmEdit
In The GameEdit
Cochise's past is told in the video game rendition of The Warriors. It is stated that he is from Harlem, but later moved with his mother to Coney Island, where he ran into the Warriors. Soon after, he demanded to gain membership into the gang, but was shot down immediately by Vermin. After a few jokes between the members, Cleon then tells Cochise that, if he can steal a size-nine hat off a Bopper's head, he could join the Warriors. He then goes back to Harlem, along with Snow, who he was sent with to help in search of a Bopper's hat. Cochise then faces a few of the gang's lieutenants, Reggie and Boxcar, in search of the size nine Bopper's hat. Cochise discovers who would wear such a size, Big Moe. He defeats Big Moe, taking his hat. Snow approves of him joining the gang, and then is a part of the Warriors on August 18, 1978.
Cochise assists in almost all brawls. During the jailbreak of Ajax, he was in charge of bringing the second group to the prison.
In The NovelEdit
The character that most resembles Cochise in the novel is Dewey, who is the mascot of the gang. Cochise could be seen as a mascot for his very tribal appearance that makes him stand out most. Unlike Cochise, Dewey is the youngest and most level-headed of the gang.
Cochise is a strong fighter in the game. His stamina is fairly high, along with his strength and rage. His fighting style is more an emphasis to Muay Thai or Taekwondo, as he uses more kicks than punches, giving speed in his strikes. He is playable in a couple of missions throughout the game, and partakes in several key fights.
Cochise is not as strong as the Warriors' executives and heavy muscles (Cleon, Swan, Ajax and Snow), but stronger than the other four (Vermin, Cowboy, Fox and Rembrandt). He is also one of the 5 Warriors with more skill, who can use 3 strikes in special combos, instead of just 2. Swan, Cochise and Rembrandt are the only characters in the game that don't share any of there grapple moves with anyone. However, Cochise and Rembrandt do share the same fight stance.
Oddly, when performing his standing rage combo, he makes a pain sound, rather than an attack grunt.
He is playable in Street Brawl.
Heavy: Mugging Strength: 5/10 Solid: Resisting Arrest, Lock Picking, Uncuffing, Stealing Stamina: 6/10 Lame: Tagging Health: 5/10 Rage: 9/10
- "Alright, Let's go!" - LET'S GO
- "Hold up!" - HOLD UP
- "Get over here. Be quiet!" - LET'S GO (shadows)
- "Shut up and lay low." - HOLD UP (shadows)
- "Wreck 'em all!" - WRECK 'EM ALL
- "Watch my back!" - WATCH MY BACK
- "Bust this shit!" - MAYHEM
- "Go grab that shit!" - MAYHEM (store)
- "Everyone, get outta here!" - SCATTER
- "Shit, they can't hear me." - OUT OF RANGE
- "Damn, they can't hear me, they prob'ly in trouble!" - OUT OF RANGE (wrecked)
- "I'm gonna take you out, toy! You ready?" - Threat
- "That's right, motherfucker! That's right! You scared?" - Threat
- "You ain't shit now! Look at ya." - Threat
- "The hell you kiddin', man? I'll show you some shit!!" - Threat
- "I'm gonna bust you up, punk. Let's go." - Threat
- "Can't fuck with us, man! Can't fuck with the Warriors!" - Threat
- "Piece o' shit! Fight ME!" - Threat
- "Come on, I'm here! I'm waitin'!" - Threat
- "You wanna touch this shit up?! Let's boogie!" - Rage
- "Bring it on, sucka!" - Rage
- "Aww, yeah! Here you go, you motherfucker!" - Rage
- "You wanna see a Warrior?! I'm gonna MANGLE you!" - Rage
- "There's gonna be some wild shit right here! Come on!" - Rage
- "What's happenin', playa?" - Greeting Warrior
- "That's some good shit. Thanks, brotha." - Taking weapon from ally
- "Man, this thing ain't gonna help with the wool!" - Wearing a hat
- "This thing smells, man, this thing is stinky." - Wearing a hat
- "Yo, man. I'm gonna need to pick up the cash." - Requesting protection money
- "You got that bread for me, or what?" - Requesting protection money
- "Where's my money at, brotha?" - Requesting protection money
- "A size nine? That's a bucket, man, not a hat!" - In response to Cleon's request
- "Magic. Whole lotta' magic." - On Cyrus
- Cochise was the last part to be cast.
- In a deleted scene, he was Ajax's heavy muscle partner instead of Snow.
- In the original script, he was beaten to death by the Furies, and his dead body was tossed in the Hudson River.
- In early screenshots from the game, his flashback version was different. He was wearing a white tank top, grey jeans, blue shoes and no jewellery or head/arm bands.
- He appears at the end of Heavy Muscle, despite his initiation taking place second to last of the nine main Warriors.
|Swan · Cleon (Formerly)|
|Ajax · Cochise · Cowboy|
|Ash · Jones · Malcolm · Lynx · Rhino|